MOTOR CHAT

Re:

That Toyota looks awesome. I saw a lovely looking car a while ago and once home Googled it to find it was a Hyundai, the S111. Bloody sweet looking car.

My bro is currently living out his mid life crisis via an Evo, I do hope it doesn't make it an end of life crisis!

:)

Re:

Been bombing about in the old Lotus nearly every day in the last month, proving to be very reliable, surprisingly economical, starts fine hot or cold, entertaining, sounds great and love driving it.

Noticed the steering going a bit wierd in the last week though, not self centering, notchy and heavier than normal.

Whipped the steering rack out thismorning and found it was a siezed lower column U/J, good news is that the rack and everything else is fine so just need a new lower U/J (£40) but will probably replace the rack mounting rubbers with polly ones.

While the rack is off i'll clean it up. paint it and re fill it with gearbox oil.

uMCA46yl.jpg

Aslo got the old Disco built back up last week, dont know if i mentioned on here but the cylinder head was cracked in number four inlet port leading to it blowing steam out the exhaust, frustratingly it was running fine otherwise and wasnt overheating, just using lots of water.

I've learned now that 300tdi's are bad for cracking heads.

New (Britpart) head was bought and fitted with new head bolts, all running and sounding fine now.

vhrDcPNl.jpg

Looks good doesnt it ?, it bloddy well should, it's had over a grand in parts thrown at it this year :eek:

Re:

JimiH - you MUST cultivate a droopy moustache and sideboards. Corduroy jacket would be perfect too :D

Re: Re:

Mr Panda":1kb6zi6e said:
JimiH - you MUST cultivate a droopy moustache and sideboards. Corduroy jacket would be perfect too :D

Like the love child of Bodie and Magnum PI :)

Believe it or not i have a genuine 1979 vintage (Sears of London) brown leather box jacket i wear with brown leather cowboy boots i wear most of the time driving the Lotus.

I'm the talk of Paisley * :LOL:

*though i'm not sure in a good way

jimihendrix":2rkcnq29 said:
Believe it or not i have a genuine 1979 vintage (Sears of London) brown leather box jacket i wear with brown leather cowboy boots i wear most of the time driving the Lotus.

Dont know about Jimi Hendrix more like Jimmy Nail :LOL:

Re:

I shouldn't really talk as somewhere I have a reddish chestnut brown 3/4 length leather coat, fully fur lined with a reversed fur collar about a foot wide :oops:

Someone gave me it (actually I asked my father in law for it as he was gonna throw it out)

:facepalm:

Mr Panda":2kze9q3b said:
I shouldn't really talk as somewhere I have a reddish chestnut brown 3/4 length leather coat, fully fur lined with a reversed fur collar about a foot wide :oops:

Someone gave me it (actually I asked my mother in law for it as she was gonna throw it out)

RobMac":17vipa50 said:
Mr Panda":17vipa50 said:

Someone gave me it (actually I asked my mother in law for it as she was gonna throw it out)

Who rattled your cage?

:p

Back