MOTOR CHAT

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":12xiyoht said:
Around a thousand miles on all sorts of snow, mud and tarmac, and it simply does what it says on the tin.

Not as nice to drive as the Japanese, but reassuringly repairable cheaply.

Can't believe it took me so long to come round to the realisation a Landy does not have to be a Series to be serious!

67qjd1.jpg
Cracking pic BTW :shock:

Re:

All the Land/Range Rover range is seriously capable off road. Had a freebie half day at the off road experience at Dunkeld last week in a Discovery 4. Couldn't believe what it could handle for such a big car.

Design brief for Disco 3 was to exceed the off road performance of a Defender 90 with only a tyre swap.

Think we managed on all counts (i know my area of responsibility comfortably did!)

Re:

We do see 3s off roading, but not modified like earlier models. A lifted 110 is the favoured weapon for general estate use, 90s tend to be farmers and hobby off roaders, the latter being the radically modded.

Currently we are working on rejuvenating the ACE and sealing the sunroof..

I hope that wasn't your area Matt!

Currently we are running an old Hilux and the Disco. Guesses which will break first?

Re:

I broke the rear diff again on my Range Rover Classic recently. Whole rear axle £80. sold it with the diff out for the same money.

I can live with that, and 30+ mpg on LPG.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":1pg7p0wo said:
We do see 3s off roading, but not modified like earlier models.
Not surprised, for 99% of Land Rover users the Disco 3/4 can do more than anything else in the range. And it'll be a bugger to modify anyway!
I hope that wasn't your area Matt!
Nah. Powertrain stuff for me.

Currently we are running an old Hilux and the Disco. Guesses which will break first?
Probably the disco, but you'll be able to fix it with an adjustable spanner and a hammer.

Back