MOTOR CHAT

Re:

That one in the website looks like it would have you at the chiropractor after the first ride- looks cool but..... :shock:

That's very cool Klaus, my style of Guzzi.
Its a 84 - 88 model tourer, same era as my Lario and the same as the MKIIII Le Mans. Sleeved down 1000 so very reliable and understressed. Right price as well.
They ride great as is and no offence but I would be better suited to riding that now that I am 'mature' than I would be hunched over my old MK111 Le Mans with Agostini clip ons and rear sets.

Jamie

Re:

Jamie, next thing you'll be tells us that your fitting gears to the 1x1 :)

Klaus, stay away from that bike exif site, it'll bankrupt you. Gave me all sorts of ideas about modding my Duc, but saw sense in the end and sold it. I absolutely loved the actual bike, but just wasn't into riding it anymore. Only did 600 miles a year, the last two years I had it.

Re:

Oooooft!

Part of this endeavour is about the fettling and spannerin. I'm not sure how the bike would fit in as actual transportation! I'm not really after a commuter or something to tour or nip about on. Sunday morning or evening pootering is probably the size of it.

Re: Re:

kaiser":38vat476 said:
Very true, I think that's why I have a wee bit of apprehension with the Guzzi. Could chuck money into something that might never work properly. Saying that it would keep me away from the Suzuki Van Vans that I'm curiously drawn too as well as a load of other strange bikes.

I was thinking of getting a Van Van a couple of years ago. I think if they had done a 250 then I would have had one. There is a van van owners forum too! :LOL:

Not sure that Guzzi frame would mod into a cafe racer, but you might be able to do a street scrambler with it. If it's free then it would be rude not to take it and then work out what to do with it.
My last road bike was a '76 beemer that would have been perfect for your project, but it was far too minty to modify.

Attachments

• IMAG0106.jpg
    IMAG0106.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 279
Re:

That's a corker. Definitely too nice to fanny about with. The BMW would have been the preferred bike, lots of really nice racers out there. Does seem that they attract the premium because of it.

Never considered the street scrambler, probably the better option all round. Kinda bobber scrambler would work.

I think the van van came in 250, maybe import only?

Back