MOTOR CHAT

legrandefromage":z7t3u63d said:
The coil plug, when cold and wet, would be a better conductor than when warm and dry

I had loads of errors come on my dash but only about an hour into a journey - it was carbon build up on the rear light cluster plugs. Cold frosty mornings - fine. Warm sunny afternoons - beep beep beep.

Now I've fixed it I kind of miss the beeps!

But my car is the opposite, runs crap when cold and fine when hot/warm.

Will have a look at the plug anyway.

Also suspect the air temp sensor on the throttle body (even though the last owner said he tested it)

Re:

Managed to get a pic of my workmates bike today, took a wee while as i had to remember to take my camera in (dont have a lead to download pics from my phone), then when i remembered the camera he didn't have the bike in (he'd have his 1200 Bandit instead)

Not huge on bikes, but admire them and like anything with an engine and is a bit different/interesting.

Has taken him two years to re-build it, he's owned it for something like 30 years.

From memory it's a 1979 GS1000 with a GSXR 750 engine bored out to 870, high lift cams, carbs and four into one exhaust, huge brakes etc, pics dont do the paint justice, it's got a heavy (like metalflake) metallic finish to it.

Z6qPTlal.jpg

AHngNTtl.jpg

XkOsbAKl.jpg

Re:

Mark I've got a GS1000 my self but with the right engine in it ;)
And 2 GSX11's I'm a real air cooled nut.
And 2 1200 Bandits oil cooled :facepalm:
etc etc etc ...............

Hmmm... Think I have a leaky injector on my 2003 Citroen Berlingo 2.0Hdi...
Yesterday morning it would keep starting and then rattle a bit before dying, reminded me of when it had air in the fuel system a few years ago after I ran it out of fuel, and yep, I could see small air bubbles in the fuel lines. A few pumps of the "magic rubber ball" and it ran fine all day, albeit with the engine management light on the dash for a while although this turned off later in the day.

This morning same problem, only now it seems to occasionally want to die whilst driving too.
I've noticed one of the injectors looks like it's leaking fuel, it's wet and the small area around it is damp too, I'm guessing with diesel. I assume either the seal is gone or the connecting fuel pipe has worked loose? And this is allowing a small amount of air into the fuel system?

What's the best course of action here? Hopefully it's just a seal that needs replacing, although last time I recall trying to remove a diesel injector it was a real stubborn pig to remove.

Diesel injectors have to be stubborn buggers, the pressures are "significant".

Seem some right messes when a proto has gone pop. Usually in a sealed test cell, or under a closed bonnet (thankfully)

And a leaky injector seal will draw in air as the fuel system cools and fuel starts running back into the tank (especially with older cars when the return and check valves get a bit tired.

Re:

Had the diagnostics checked and the following codes came up, Fuel Pressure sensor fault, and Fuel pressure regulator fault. Bugger :x

The pic below is of where fuel seeps out of whilst the engine is running... hmmmm....

Re:

up & running again :)

for how long... who knows?

fuel rail pressure sensor was replaced, slight improvement, not much though, so then the fuel pressure regulator was replaced, job done.

Think I'll be looking for a new motor in a couple months time :?

Re:

Not been on the forum much lately as have been paying more attention to the new motor... :mrgreen:

Fuel consumption is quite frankly ridiculous, but then you don't get a "sports car" for the fuel economy eh?! :LOL:
Besides , the 9000rpm red line and flames from the exhausts more than make up for it :twisted:

Attachments

• file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 229
Back