MOTOR CHAT

Re:

Disconnect the front driveshafts at the hub CV joints, throw the Subaru gearbox tae feck, fit straight 6 with it's 'box using new fabricated engine/gearbox mounts and a BMW/ Subaru hybrid propshaft.
RWD only Legacy. ;)

Easy peasy. :mrgreen:

Re:

If only I had the time, knowledge and money :LOL:

Alternative is to throw another one and a half grand at the Scooby and get a low miles flat four motor fitted :|

Re:

How has life been with the big old Citroen ?, i'd love to say it's been a bed of Roses but more like a bed of stinking Garlic :)

Well that's not exactly true, it drives ace and i still love it but it has a running issue when cold, it dies at junctions until fully warm, starts ok but still really annoying, related to ambient temperature so was really bad with the couple of frosty mornings last week.

Symptoms were pointing to the coolant Temperature Sensor so got one from the Main Stealer.

Fitting it was a ball ache of course :roll: , it's right down the back of the cylinder head, impossible to get to from underneath, to get to it from the top the intercooler pipe, coil pack and Turbo air intake hose had to come off, doesn't sound much but took two hours :roll:

Got it built back up last night, tested it thismorning.

And

Still the frigging same :facepalm:

Had to do something to take my mind off this so i tinted my headlights :) , of course, bought some yellow film and a bottle of yellow tint.

BnEM0QCl.jpg

Initially used the film on the bumper indicator/fog light units and painted the H1 main beam bulbs yellow.

PTqK0Jdl.jpg

Then stripped the headlights down to paint the dipped beam lense (inside the headlight unit)

16J2XXxl.jpg

Decided the yellow dipped beams looked a bit much with the full yellow bumper units so peeled the film back off the indicator lights.

CSahS8rl.jpg

Pretty pleased with the results :)

Back