Most annoying parts to fit !?!

Personally I haven't had any real issues with any of the things mentioned already, although setting up an old (10th hand?) set of Magura Racelines was a little tedious....

So far the one thing to cause consistant grief is fitting new Ritchey tubeless tyres to tubeless rims. Despite what the packagings says, it's a two person job with tyre levers and not a simple task of "slipping the tyre on by hand." ;)

A mystery puncture spate turned out to be a missing rim strip :oops: Couldn't even blow the tyre up. But that was BITD when I was a lad.

Internal cable routing is a mare, have found removing a piece of ribbon from your hair and making a loop with it in the hole, filling the diameter of the tube then lassoing the cable works.

Greasing cup and cones always messy.

Rethreading a used cable :roll: several punctured fingers and a cable half its original diameter and strength.

Oh and this wheel building malarky seems to have opened a hole new in o worms :eek:

Greasing Cup and cones- I bloody love that, headsets and BBs too.......rethreading used cable- only ever do it by choppin' a nice new cut- usually making rear gear/brake into front- mostly buy new ones!

And wheel buildin'- aye, its an arcane art........truing already built up wheels is hard enough- to build from scratch, with dishing and stuff, ye basicall have to stand at the crossroad at midnight and sell yer soul to the ghost of Tommy Simpson.........or somethin'........

Modern Tubeless tyres,argh do my head in,got to be he-man to get the last 5" over the rim then if you havnt got an air compressor handy pump like a bouncy castle salesman on speed :roll:

srp alloy break-away bolt for rear mech i had to get a mate to help me, probably the fact that i have hands the size of a 10 year old didn't help :oops:

the biggest problem i had was changing the cable on my ah hem (mutters under breath) sachs quartz :roll:
they exploded

Not cycling related but a nightmare none the less. Other half went shopping leaving me to do some DIY job or other. As I drank the last of my brew (tea) I wondered innocently what was under the top end of my electric screwdriver. I prised the big clip out of the top and Black and Deckers best selling gearbox lay strewn before me! Two hours later and at about the tenth attempt with a clever pile of pennies and two's stacked the help the build I managed to get all the magnets, spockets and gimbets back in. Exactely 1 minute after testing the thing in walks the light of my life bemoaning the fact that the shelf/cupboard atc hadn't been started!! Typical! Bottom line is retaining clips retain things best left where they are.

Back