Wanted Money waiting for a complete 90s steel bike in 19" or 20"

chicken

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Retrobikers, I've around £700 to spend and I'm looking for something that's non-disc, steel and preferably early-mid 90s, though could go later. It must fit as this will be a rider so needs to be a 19" or 20" and I'm happy to consider rigid or front suspended. I've been avidly looking through the for sale pages recently but nothing has really hit the mark or has been too small, or gone by the time I was ready to purchase. I'm hoping an open call might persuade some of you!

I'm also considering a bike I've seen listed somewhere else and will need to move on that by Friday, so looking for potential sales quickly.

I also don't have much time to travel due to family commitments and I'm based in the South East (not far from Hastings/Lewes/Eastbourne) so a willingness to post would be magic unless you're close by. I've been open with the money I have to spend to avoid wasting anybody's time and I would rather be at the top end of that. If you have something really unique that's a little more, I can maybe go up but there's no point sending me anything £1,000 plus as I simply can't afford it.

Looking forward to seeing what's out there and you can PM me if you'd rather keep it on the hush.

For that sort of money you should get something really special. TBH if you want a rider then you should not need to be spending much more than £300 to get something good. Something like a good Kona or Marin should be achievable.

Yeah, it's the one opportunity I'll have to get something quite decent so I'm determined to make the most of it! As a rider, it will be used to accompany my daughters on some light duties on forestry tracks and a little bit of easy singletrack.

I understand what you are saying. The thing I have to keep reminding myself with bikes is that it is possible to buy something really pristine and special that actually becomes too nice to ride often. I have this with a Specialized Tarmac I own, 2006, full Dura ace, immaculate condition but I hardy ride it since I don't want to ruin it. Stupid I know but that's the situation for me.

So your money would buy that Kona Hot that's for sale on the IoW but for actual riding something like a Cindercone or Lava Dome would possibly be just as nice to ride.

Anyway I hope you get the bike of your dreams and enjoy it with your daughter.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The Dekerf is out of my price range, as beautiful as it is. The Lightning is nice, but the spec is probably not quite what I’m after. Thanks though!

Back