Mobile phones

memyselfandi":28hjap0y said:
What will you be using the phone for? Gives us a better idea of what type of phone to suggest.

You seem to expand into the phone though, I started off with just music (above the talk and text. Now use 3G tethering, mail, we, facebook and it is my sat nav too.
My wife has just got a 5800 Nokia and she has always used the camera for quick snaps along with talk and text. Now she wants music, mobile web, facebook and it's her sat nav, I also reckon she will use it for her mail too.

Carl.

drcarlos":3nnzjmxw said:
memyselfandi":3nnzjmxw said:
What will you be using the phone for? Gives us a better idea of what type of phone to suggest.

You seem to expand into the phone though, I started off with just music (above the talk and text. Now use 3G tethering, mail, we, facebook and it is my sat nav too.
My wife has just got a 5800 Nokia and she has always used the camera for quick snaps along with talk and text. Now she wants music, mobile web, facebook and it's her sat nav, I also reckon she will use it for her mail too.

Carl.

I get where you're coming from, but some of us are primitive and only use phones for talk and text. Easier to recommend a phone when we know what it will be used for :D

memyselfandi":2xrz6mj0 said:
I get where you're coming from, but some of us are primitive and only use phones for talk and text. Easier to recommend a phone when we know what it will be used for :D

Agreed.

I got a Samsung to play music with but it turned out to only allow 30 items in a playlist but there was no mention of this in the manual. :?

memyselfandi":uodh6gd8 said:
drcarlos":uodh6gd8 said:
memyselfandi":uodh6gd8 said:

Carl.

:) I'd be looking for phone and text, but also browsing. Checkin ebay and such. Most other things are supeflous, but I guess being able to display a spreadsheet would be handy.

get an e71 on 3.....ebay surfing is free...(not completely a good thing in retrospect)sois face book ,anda bunch ofother stuff.i pay anextra 5 pounds a month to have unlimited broadband with no caps on usage or downloads.

kaiser":3nkb71vk said:
memyselfandi":3nkb71vk said:
drcarlos":3nkb71vk said:
memyselfandi":3nkb71vk said:

Carl.

:) I'd be looking for phone and text, but also browsing. Checkin ebay and such. Most other things are supeflous, but I guess being able to display a spreadsheet would be handy.

Windows Mobile supports editing of office docs by default. If you want a proper keyboard look at something like an HTC TYTNII for used cheap phone for something new with a contract the HTC Touch Pro2 is very good. If a touchscreen is OK I stand by the i900 Omnia as a used choice, for new though Touch HD2 is out soon and the Omnia2 is getting good reviews.
Don't know a lot about the Symbian based devices but I guess there should be some sort of support for offices docs but you may have to pay for it and there are many big screen devices.
First gen Android stuff is a bit immature but the Motorola Droid is out soon on v2, with big screen and keyboard and will probably be my next phone.
For web browsing you really want the biggest screen with highest res you can get.

Carl.

gibbleking":1al8j1sd said:
get an e71 on 3.....ebay surfing is free...(not completely a good thing in retrospect)sois face book ,anda bunch ofother stuff.i pay anextra 5 pounds a month to have unlimited broadband with no caps on usage or downloads.

I'm on 3's £20 texter plan with the E71 i get

200 cross network minutes
4000 texts
3000 3 to 3 minutes
1gb internet

Back