Miserable Roadie Rant

I used to work in a bike shop, and we used to call them 'peope who ride bikes' (as opposed to 'cyclists') because they ran their bikes into the ground, and had no desire to develope their cycling or understanding of their bike. I'm not saying that someone like that can't turn into a real cyclist, but most don't.

So because they didn't meet your standards you were basically a *unt to them :?

Probably good your no longer in the shop , the cycling trade can do without that kind of attitude .

I couldn't care less about the quality of the bike or the rider , it's the quality of the attitude they give that makes a man a king .

Ive found the older the gent the more likely the good response as you ride by . I've passed by some good old boys and they meet my smile with a joyous wave , a smile and a hearty good morning . I think if you spend your time riding with a disgruntled death stare and won't take a moment to acknowledge someone then you really should question why you spend your time riding .

gay roadies

some people are just twats, namely gay leg shaving roadies! he's just pissed off because all he's got to look at until he gets home is tarmac! i mean c'mon how mind numbingly boring is that ;)

nothing wrong with roadies, tbh met some real friendly ones for a chat while riding, usually after a good bit of one on one racing :LOL:

Ride road a lot, and tbh, miserable gits are miserable gits regardless of bike. There are times when I am dreaming away and miss others nods etc. Am I miserable git? Quite possibly, but also sometimes just thinking of the ride..

Im sorry, Im usually reading the book I have taped to the bars... (except if its raining, then I go out for a ride in the car instead)

perry":1aw60vld said:
I used to work in a bike shop, and we used to call them 'peope who ride bikes' (as opposed to 'cyclists') because they ran their bikes into the ground, and had no desire to develope their cycling or understanding of their bike. I'm not saying that someone like that can't turn into a real cyclist, but most don't.

So because they didn't meet your standards you were basically a *unt to them :?

Probably good your no longer in the shop , the cycling trade can do without that kind of attitude .

I couldn't care less about the quality of the bike or the rider , it's the quality of the attitude they give that makes a man a king .

Ive found the older the gent the more likely the good response as you ride by . I've passed by some good old boys and they meet my smile with a joyous wave , a smile and a hearty good morning . I think if you spend your time riding with a disgruntled death stare and won't take a moment to acknowledge someone then you really should question why you spend your time riding .

Very true :D

I think Perry's got a good point. People who commute to work etc are REAL cyclists, they just go out and do it, rain or shine, no affectation, no carbon fibre, no nothing.

Some years ago I was on a long tour down the west coast of the USA. There was a guy I used to pass every day, riding slowly on a terrible gaspipe nasty £100 bike. He had a rolled blanket on his back, jeans and a coat. I was on a Marin Palisades with all my camping gear, and there were some guys on nice road bikes but who had a car with all their gear and slept in hotels.

The pecking order in the bike shop would be opposite to that of their achievement.

The sort of people who sneer at others' bikes are the same as the folk in expensive BMWs who seem to believe that older or cheaper cars should get out of their way. :roll:

Back