Mechanical disc brakes

old skool babe

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Whats peoples options.????

I know there not as good as hydro ones but there so cheap..
And would rather spend good money on fork and other bits.

Better than v's or the same.??

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cheers makster..there the ones i was looking at :D
V's are shit to set up..
Cantis fine..!!! Magura's easy..!! V's a f'in pain...!!!

Or it could just be me getting old :LOL:

I have BB5s, an old Hope set and cheapo Shimano cable discs - all are better than V's IMHO ( and yes I have plenty V's too) you just need to set them up properly so they require minimal adjustment when yer oot.

Hydraulics have no place on a bike of mine ......unless it looks like this.......

DSCF3556.jpg

DSCF3542.jpg

:D

Ditto on that, hydro's on a bike are overkill; properly set-up and adjusted mechanicals are great and no bleeding and/or fluid changes required!!!

......although the Hydraulic Wallahs will tell you their brakes never need attention, bleeding, nor servicing. Nope. Never. At all. :LOL:

Mr Panda":1g0pgsww said:
......although the Hydraulic Wallahs will tell you their brakes never need attention, bleeding, nor servicing. Nope. Never. At all. :LOL:

Well my maggie hs11's are hydro and they dont need servicing often my are from 98 and have never been serviced :D .

Back