MBK 1989 Ranger Hi-Tech (Minus Wheels) Oxfordshire/Postage

lrh

Senior Retro Guru
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RETRO-1990s-MBK-BIKE-FRAME-SPARES-REPAIR-/181043792345

$(KGrHqZHJBwFD!r-gGi5BQyNJ0YgEw~~60_12.JPG

MBK.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Who landed this then, I bid but missed the end of the auction so was done for 50pence!! Never mind there's always another one.....

This arrived today, doesn't look in too bad shape, plenty of deep stone chips that have gone a bit rusty. I'll try and build it up as a winter bike initially and then look at doing more with it next year.

The seat post is definitely stuck! The seat clap looks like it has been over tightened at some point and has gone rusty, I'm hoping if I cut it off, I can free up the post with a bit of penetrating oil.

I've already ordered a set of wheels, just need to locate a missing 7 speed LX shifter... :cool:

Mountain LX shifters are pretty rare, especially in good nick. There's a US eBay seller flogging NOS ones without mounts but honestly the brake levers are big/ugly/heavy and it'll be cheaper to just replace them with Deore II shifters and levers (or anything else in your parts bin).

Head of the seat post should go in a vice ;) Hopefully not too far gone but the parts on it are worth what you paid.

I tried 'gently' loosening off the seat post and noticed the following...

main.php

Not sure how I get the seat post out with applying force, or if I can get the seatpost out the frame will be repairable?

:cry:

Back