Mavic 230 TIB

TIB refers to the Titanium/gold finish of the rims. They were also available in silver.

Thes are among the lightect rims ever produced by Mavic.. sub 400g

Cheers,

Chaser

Thanks, im starting to remember now...

I bought mine new in 96 or 97 with the intention of building up a super lightweight setup but but never got around to it. Maybe one day i will if i stumble across a Hershey Naked or something

manbeer":1318431v said:
I have a set of NOS 230's though i dont think they are the TIB and they are 28h. Whats TIB anyway?

If yours are silver they will be SBP, TIB's are a copper/bronze/gold colour.
230 are light, but fragile, dint easily and certainly made out of tin foil :LOL:

Are you intersted in the pair I have?

If so I'll get you some pics.

Ps they are both 32h.

Chris.

I'm also looking for a pair of Mavic 230 (silver finish) rims in good condition (I mean rideable and without major scratches or dings).
Thanks to send me a pm with pictures if you've got these ;)

Anyone know what the erd of the 32h 230 tib is- or how to measure it I got the rims just don't know how to work it out with out the DT swiss chart that I don't have!

FluffyChicken":j33sq8md said:
230 are light, but fragile, dint easily and certainly made out of tin foil :LOL:

We had this discussion on this same 230 rim in a thread a year back....still my favorite rim and I'm a tad under 200 lbs and throw everything I have at mine and they continue to hold up well....the problem with some of you is you feel that bikes are made to fly.... :D and you don't know how to land. I'm in the process of building up a pair of NOS 28H with some M960 XTR hubs that match the rim color almost perfectly. At 28 hole I'm expecting that they'll be the lightest mountain bike wheel set I have and I expect that they will hold up just fine. One of the finest rims ever made IMHO.

Back