Mavic 230 TIB

Chris":2uzawiqp said:
Got a pair of these in really nice condition for £30 posted.

Chris.

If there's plenty of sidewall left I could be interested in one of them...

*edit*

I better count some spoke-holes before I get carried away! :roll:

elPedro666":ezkvmujl said:
Chris":ezkvmujl said:
Got a pair of these in really nice condition for £30 posted.

Chris.

If there's plenty of sidewall left I could be interested in one of them...

*edit*

I better count some spoke-holes before I get carried away! :roll:

They were like new, but sadly now sold.

Chris.

If anyone's still after these I have a used pair of 32h. The braking surface is still good. PM me if you're interested.

gm1230126":3ay31ag7 said:
FluffyChicken":3ay31ag7 said:
230 are light, but fragile, dint easily and certainly made out of tin foil :LOL:

We had this discussion on this same 230 rim in a thread a year back....still my favorite rim and I'm a tad under 200 lbs and throw everything I have at mine and they continue to hold up well....the problem with some of you is you feel that bikes are made to fly.... :D and you don't know how to land. I'm in the process of building up a pair of NOS 28H with some M960 XTR hubs that match the rim color almost perfectly. At 28 hole I'm expecting that they'll be the lightest mountain bike wheel set I have and I expect that they will hold up just fine. One of the finest rims ever made IMHO.

:LOL: yes, don't get me wrong. fragile is a consequence of the design... My one that is left still runs fine, though with a few dint in it.
Though BiTD my mates one's err where not quite as lucky and that's not under abusive use.

Just not a strong as others... cheap though hence we used them for quick replacements.

Back