Marzocchi Bomber Seals

B3

Senior Retro Guru
The seals on my bombers needed renewing, having looked on the various websites for a replacement set I struggled to justify forking out (sorry about the pun) on a set at £20 for a set of forks that cost £25, so i had a look for an alternative.

Here's what I've found so far (the wipers seals are next) Aprillia SR125 fork seals, 30mm x 40mm x 7mm on the right. the Bomber original is on the left and is 8mm thick. these were just £6.15 delivered :D a much more wallet friendly price.

I'll get the forks rebuilt and let you know how they go.

Attachments

• Aprillia fork seal.jpg
    Aprillia fork seal.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 922
I've been doing the searches last night for some replacement RockShox MAG seals,, think I may have found some (but the bushings don't seem to go narrow enough) I know the MAGs will have used pretty much of the shelf parts, it kept costs down.

FluffyChicken":14bpgxyn said:
I've been doing the searches last night for some replacement RockShox MAG seals,, think I may have found some (but the bushings don't seem to go narrow enough) I know the MAGs will have used pretty much of the shelf parts, it kept costs down.

I've got some later Judy's I need to do as well where are you looking for the bushes? Have you got them out yet, are they one piece or split like the DU bushes?

you sure the seals a re gone?

I've had mine (on Z1) leak - oil on stan chions, secodn tiem with olamost no use = strange - a quick take apart and clean fixed it both times.

Don't know why since they looked quite clean to start off with.

02gf74":2tp6lezq said:
you sure the seals a re gone?

I've had mine (on Z1) leak - oil on stan chions, secodn tiem with olamost no use = strange - a quick take apart and clean fixed it both times.

I'm sorry - could you remove the marbles from your mouth and repeat?

For the OP, spring for the proper Marzocchi seals. Yes, it'll double what you have invested in the fork, but the fork is of a quality that will last for years. Is it worth having to go back and spend 5 times the labour time rebuilding the fork to save a few dollars/pounds.Euros?

Cry once and do the job right. You'll have the fork another 10 years with the right seals and care...

Back