Marzocchi Bomber ID please

fok

Dirt Disciple
I'm a newbie to the retro scene and the forum, in fact I've not really had anything to do with cycling since I was a kid, so please be gentle!

I've recently acquired a late 90's Team Titanium Rock Lobster as I fancied a round tubed titanium MTB as a project.

It's fitted with some very tidy Bombers but after extensive googling I can't work out which model they are Z1 / Z2 etc? Exposed leg measures just over 75mm. Can someone help with a model I.D please?

Here they are:
aloHdpc.jpg

Re:

Welcome!

Hmm. Pre 2001 brace but I think those are 2001 decals. Quick release and they look like they could be air. Maybe '99 Z2 Superflys? Someone with better knowledge than me can probably say for sure :)

Cheers,
-Mark

Re:

Here is a picture of my 1999 Super Fly Z.2

Mine have the (weight saving?) holes in the Crown, so maybe yours are 2000?

It's not possible to adjust the Air Springs with the Brakes in place, as they foul on the Schrader valve adaptor - well nothing that I have found anyway :roll: .

Rebound Damping adjuster via a 2.5mm screw on the underside on the end of the pumping rod.

Open Bath Damping in the top (50cc 7.5 wt) each leg. 7cc lubricating oil through the underside via a syringe past the pumping rod end and the slider.

. by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Thank you for the info gents. So you think 2000 Z2 Super Fly then?

I didn't know whether the Schrader valves were to adjust the damping or just to "burp" the air build up. Seems like you've answered the question.

I've got an old Beamish Suzuki trials bike and the Schrader valves on that are just to release built up pressure and it took me a while to figure that out :)

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":167lkpy8 said:
What is printed in the yellow oval just above the line of grey 'dots' :?:

What a blind fool! :facepalm: :roll:

Nice one! Thanks for that, I totally missed that as it's in white and very faint........2001

So I've got a year, but what about model. There's no Super Fly graphic anywhwere but would you say Z2 Super Fly from looking at features?

Re:

They're a 1999 Superfly, only one model and only model with the air valves there.
They've been repainted too.
The top of the range fork for that year and the first of their re-venture into air forks. The name turned into X-Fly and the valves went to the back in 2000.

They're oil damped (oil is in the stanchions). Small adjuster under the inside bottom of each leg.
Air is the spring as is all in the lower leg.

Manual, details and technical manual in the archive.

Much appreciated, thanks.

What makes you say they've been painted? Is it wrong graphics and that they're all one colour?

Back