Marmite, Lover or Hater?

Marmite, Love or Hate?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
feetabix":m68jrfjp said:
Im a lover.....I used to work in burton and the whole town smells of it!....a couple of spoons of it in hot water nice too....yum!.... :D

Sounds good, may have to give that a try in the colder months.

Wish Grimsby smelt of marmite... :LOL:

It's so revolting the Danes banned it. And when I think of the offal they eat on a regular basis!

I don't miss it.

dbmtb":36sirgm0 said:
It's so revolting the Danes banned it. And when I think of the offal they eat on a regular basis!

I don't miss it.

We banned it? I don't even know what Marmite is :oops:

Minty Sauce":37izwag6 said:
Didn't realise that there would be so many indifferent :shock:

On a side note, anyone tried Marmite XO? Haven't myself and wondered if it was worth it?

No different to normal Marmite, just more expensive

Alison

Minty Sauce":2uikcgtw said:
On a side note, anyone tried Marmite XO? Haven't myself and wondered if it was worth it?
Yes & no

It's nice but not worth the premium price tag over regular Marmite

There should be more options on the pole, which merely underlines the cliché that you either love it or hate it. Perhaps we could challenge that assertion?

I found the XO darker, more bitter and saltier. Morrisons do a yeast extract that tastes very similar to the XO.

Quorn is available in a range of different styles, if you can't make it yummy you just are not using the right one, or the right technique.

Try some recipes.

Some people seem to confuse it for tofu, which can be bland if prepared without thought.

:)

Marmite-hate-party-ad-007.jpg

REKIBorter":17infzam said:

It's not just the B vits, as I also take a good B complex daily and niacin for the fun of it, with marmite, it's the taste not how healthy it is as most go for taste before health.

Anyway a bit of a nasty facebook thing isn't it, the potential to destroy a business if enough sheep jump on the hate band wagon ?

Latest posts

Back