Marmite brands - the love hate relationships

kaiser":38khyjmp said:
Bleahhh FAT filistines :p but its ok, one of you has a raliegh and the other likes kliens. Its brutally apparent and embarrassing how much taste the both of you have :twisted: and your opinions are not worth the pixels they appear in.
All i'm saying is i'm tired of seeing them. Fast becoming the Ford Forus of the retrobike fraturity. Most normal BoTM's are stuffed full of them, many differing little from the next. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate them, Dr S' white Yo Eddy is one of my favourite bikes on the site. But thats because he did something a bit different with one and fair play to him for that.

kaiser":3fjmmty4 said:
:eek: nooo way.The raleigh would fall to bits and the klein guy would be too worried about his nails getting chipped :LOL:
Watch it Klaus, my raleigh will be riding long after you seat tube has rusted through! :LOL:

The Ford Focus of RB?? Just how many SAB's have been in readers bikes over the last year?? Without doing a search I'd say Kingroons violet one and Kingroons Aquafade one. That's about........erm....Two. :roll: I think there has been maybe a couple of Yo's and 2 or 3 Titaniums in BoTM over the last year and that's about it. Certainly not as common as a Ford Focus.

The Ford Focus of RB?? Just how many SAB's have been in readers bikes over the last year?? Without doing a search I'd say Kingroons violet one and Kingroons Aquafade one. That's about........erm....Two. :roll: I think there has been maybe a couple of Yo's and 2 or 3 Titaniums in BoTM over the last year and that's about it. Certainly not as common as a Ford Focus.

EDIT: just done a search and found five separate SABs in readers bikes since march 2006. :D

Trek has to be THE Marmite brand. Ultimate in boring, ultimate in uninspired, and roll onto that the Trek characteristic of having the ultimate in evil corporate philosophy. *Bleah!*

Like the sticker on my top tube says..."100% Trek Free!"

The only thing I like less than Trek is Kooka. ;) :LOL:

Attachments

• 100_notrek.JPG
    100_notrek.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 754
Do you have marmite over in America ?

I wouldn't count Trek , doesn't have the fanatical following to back up the total despisers like the GTs and Konas

suburbanreuben":1y0nprnq said:
Pace!
The Daily Mail's "I'm backing Britain " campaign has a lot to answer for. :roll:
One word...

schadenfreude

I always liked Pace bikes, never any real desire to own one - although if I ever did decide on an expensive bike, they'd probably be on a very short list.

Still, the Daily Wail comment did make me giggle.

perry":gfoayn3x said:
Do you have marmite over in America ?

I wouldn't count Trek , doesn't have the fanatical following to back up the total despisers like the GTs and Konas

Marmite? You have to look, but you can find it. Usually on the "nasty-shelf" with Nutella and Apple Butter! :LOL:

Trek has a rabid following in the states...usually among the parking lot poseur crowd...but rabid nonetheless. :p They created quite a following by making essentially all their stuff in Wisconsin, and then they attracted a boat load of ire by buying up every other company in the universe and then shutting them down. Then they pulled the ultimate swictharoo and fired a bunch of people here in the states and moved must of their manufacturing overseas. The dreaded "Designed in the USA" stickers followed. Certainly the behavior of a Marmite brand. Sure boring old GT, Kona and Marin et al are worshiped for universally undeserved reasons, but Trek is boring AND evil, and if Marmite is anything like Nutella, then it's pretty darn evil stuff too! :p

Back