Marmite brands - the love hate relationships

mikee":2ytxpcn5 said:
apple butter :shock:
what do you do with that ?

honest question btw

Most people avoid it like the plague. If you get some, then follow the instructions on the label, paying specific instructions to the section beginning with, "Congratulations! You've just purchased a smarmy jug of fowl tasting shmeal that we like to call Apple Butter. Now punch yourself in the face and throw yourself out of a moving car." :LOL:

Seriourly, its just a fruit spread. ;)

Attachments

• apple_butter.jpg
    apple_butter.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 839
utahdog2003":tw43bflm said:
perry":tw43bflm said:
Do you have marmite over in America ?

I wouldn't count Trek , doesn't have the fanatical following to back up the total despisers like the GTs and Konas

Marmite? You have to look, but you can find it. Usually on the "nasty-shelf" with Nutella and Apple Butter! :LOL:

Trek has a rabid following in the states...usually among the parking lot poseur crowd...but rabid nonetheless. :p They created quite a following by making essentially all their stuff in Wisconsin, and then they attracted a boat load of ire by buying up every other company in the universe and then shutting them down. Then they pulled the ultimate swictharoo and fired a bunch of people here in the states and moved must of their manufacturing overseas. The dreaded "Designed in the USA" stickers followed. Certainly the behavior of a Marmite brand. Sure boring old GT, Kona and Marin et al are worshiped for universally undeserved reasons, but Trek is boring AND evil, and if Marmite is anything like Nutella, then it's pretty darn evil stuff too! :p

Brilliant, go straight in for the kill!

Have to agree on most levels though, the amount of hydroformed, 2/3 grand Treks I see at MTB events seems to be increasing...just completely uninspiring lol

...if Marmite is anything like Nutella

Marmite is great - a yeast extract - In the US Vegemite is easier to get - it is like a weaker version.

I love your Smuckers Organic Peanut butter - can't get it here though :(

Back