Marmite brands - the love hate relationships

GT- i had a backwoods as my 1st REAL mtb and loved it to bits, will have another GT 1 day just for nostalgic reasons :LOL:

SHIMANO- love there componants just wont buy antything else these days

dislikes:

SRAM- had a set of there shifters and wudnt touch them again!!

TEKTRO- lost count of how many tektro parts ive broke

Like:
Marin until they stopped Zolatone paint
Kona until they did the jungle graphics. Nice to ride though.
..and lots of other brands.

Dislike:
Cannondales except pre- around 95
Trek (yawn)

Like:
Marin until they stopped Zolatone paint
Kona until they did the jungle graphics. Nice to ride though.
..and lots of other brands.

Dislike:
Cannondales except pre- around 95
Trek (yawn)

Shimano are one of those weird ones. I hate the built-in obsolescence and silly pseudo-innovations (rapid rise); but I have to admit that things like the hubs and thumbies are fantastically durable and well made.

!

Chris667, you are entitled to am opinion but yours is wrong. Please refrain from saying such stupid things about Fat City Cycles

Re: !

webby":1wkxet3h said:
Chris667, you are entitled to am opinion but yours is wrong. Please refrain from saying such stupid things about Fat City Cycles

:LOL:

:cool:

For the record, I think they're brilliant. But at the end of the day they are only bikes. I'm just curious how they seem to have an almost mythological status.

If I was after a bike in that class, I would own a Zinn. But I'm not nearly good enough at riding or careful enough at owning anything to justify it.

Dont matter how good Fats are as most are in the hands of very few owners thus the rest of us will not get a chance to have one, he said glaring meaningfully at Dr.S and to a lesser extent Clockworkgaz :roll:

I dont want a fat anyway, trying to cut down :LOL:

Dr S":19q7oxzc said:
chris667":19q7oxzc said:
Much as it shames me to say this:

Fat Chance.

No bike can be as good as people say they are.

You need to try one to believe how good they are. I would not have four Fats in my stash if they were poop. ;) Nothing comes close after your first long ride on a Fat.

Sorry to say it but mine did nothing for me :cry: they do look nice though!

Never really thought much of Kona or Specialized.

Really loved my Dekerf SS and wish I never sold it.

I work with a bunch of people in a bike shop that have never heard of Dekerf! :shock: I'm currently in the process of educating them....

Back