Marin Sausalito

Re:

Now there's a happy tale of ever I heard one! :D

Looks like it's positively glowing now, sometimes all that grime can be quite effective at protecting what's underneath. Great to see it being enjoyed again.

Re:

It's a '91.

The '91 catalogue has two colour schemes listed - one is splatter paint, this fade is the other.

Re:

Both the original Exage 400LX derailleurs are dated OI, september 1990, and the colour matches the 1991 catalogue. I dont know when Marin first started making hybrids?

This is the larges size, and it fits my 191cm very well. The sloping top tupe give a "normal" seat post height and provides a decent standover, and at the same time let me have the bars about level with the saddle with the stem all the way down. Born in -61 Im too old for a 10cm handlebar drop.... :)

It rides wery nice for what it is, and although not a lightweight with the large frame it feels nimble and quick. I have experienced many large fram hybrids to be very flexy when you stand up and apply some power, but this feels nice and stiff. I think it was well worthy of the parts upgrade

Re:

:) Vintage xt and sweet double butted cromo. 28lb with rack and heavy winther boots. Of course I'm in love. We'll see how long it lasts :)

Re:

I live in Vancouver Canada and I saw almost that exact same bike for sale on Craigslist here a year or so back. I would have put it at late 80's early 90's as well based on the spec.

I wonder if anywone have an idea which year this bike is from?

My guess is pre 1992.
Yes it’s almost certainly 91. I bought mine in same color scheme that year in Sacramento. (still have it - is it worth refitting?)

Back