Marin indian fire trail - what should I do with it?

Sorry my post obviously wasn't that clear. Unless you are prepared to put in a lot of time and money and refurbish the bike sympathetically and in a period correct way it is highly unlikely that you will add any value to what it may sell for now, in fact you may not even get back what you spend on it let alone your time.

My suggestion, as I am sure others will agree with on here was to give it a really good clean and lube, and take time getting some good quality photos including any details, and list all the components; that way you give yourself the best chance of selling it quickly and for the most amount of money. (users of this forum do generally have a pretty good idea of what things are worth though, from the point of view of whether they will pay it or not anyway). Good luck with the sale.

When you take pics for the sale make sure you take off that pump and the saddlebag, also take the flask out. Bikes with too much 'junk' on them are unsexy and will not appeal as much as a clean looking one. ;) As for the rest, everything development_cycle said really. Give it some TLC, remove corrosion where possible and get the muck off, but don't spend any money on it if you're going to sell it on. The only danger is that once you've put all the effort in you might not want to sell it no more. :D

Soooo much want, i used to dribble over the indian fire trail in my local shop all those years ago, if you wish to part with it, pm me as i might be interested depending on price thankyouplease :D

I am shortly to start refurbing my Dad's example (bit more oem as it has original marin lite forks too) and it will maybe get sold after that.

Back