marin ift 95 rebuild

oneacre

Dirt Disciple
Hi
Just need some advice on my rebuild - please, I have a Marin IFT 95 (CNC machined one) I am stripping and repolishing the frame before rebuilding.
My question is - the bottom bracket i have removed is knackered, i need to replace it with a new one - the size is 68mm english threaded, but the axle length is only 107mm, what difference does it make if i use a longer axle? was this the original spec for this model?
Has anyone had thier aluminium frame polished, what was the easiest way of doing it!
Thanks
mike

Good luck with the build. The spindle length of the bottom bracket will depend on the crank. Have a look on sheldonbrown.com as there is a list of the the correct sizes for each crank.
As for polishing, If its painted get some notrimors paint stripper on the frame. Some very very fine wet and dry to get rid of any scratches and then lost of autosol and elbow grease. It'll come up lovely.

thanks

Hi
thanks - frame stripped and ready to be buffed, going to get a polishing wheel to fit my grinder then polish it up. Thanks for the advice about the bottom bracket
Mike

Back