Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Utah's Cannondale Beast

• WTB's Potts Cross Country

• Zangolin's Saracen Conquest

• Total voters
As others have said, top month yet again - is it just my perception or is the bar continually being raised month on month, rather like Sergei Bubka used to when setting his flurry of World Records?

Anyway, lots could be mentioned but for me the particular standouts are the Saracen with it's deerhead Deore (seen in the flesh, really, really sweet) and, just pipping it, Jane Seymour's RC100.

ededwards":1m713cp0 said:
As others have said, top month yet again - is it just my perception or is the bar continually being raised month on month, rather like Sergei Bubka used to when setting his flurry of World Records?

Anyway, lots could be mentioned but for me the particular standouts are the Saracen with it's deerhead Deore (seen in the flesh, really, really sweet) and, just pipping it, Jane Seymour's RC100.

yes it is scary :? participating is the game but if the probability to win is "zilch", it is less sweet.

or to see it more positively , winning is just the cherry on the cake and it should come as a nice surprise only, not the aim of the poll ;)

The Pace of Dr. S is nuts; the Potts is classic, and then of course there is my green stumpy :D

but I have to vote for Rimspokes CBR; it's tough and from the 80's, reminds me of punk rock, and I love it :twisted:
so it gets my vote.

:cool:

so much to choose from.

:roll:

Close run thing. Love the Ritchey's. Mr K's MS. The Lava Dome's simplicity and geometry. The RC100 obviously. The Potts.

But for me it's got to be the Saracen Conquest. Brings back memories.

:cool:

Cook - Potts

Potts - Cook

Cook - Potts

Potts - Cook

Hmmm... hard one.

I like them about equally much I think. A consideration is that I think chances that another Cook wins another BOTM are even more slim than another Potts winning another BOTM.

But a Potts-'ham-WTB should win any contest it is entered in. Matter of principle ;)

I see many more VERY nice bikes that could have had my vote in many other BOTMs ...but not in this month's with the Cook and Potts I am afraid.

This makes my head hurt. Golly the standard is high these days! :D

I will vote for Dr S' Pace RC100 because I would want it to be mine.
The others are all supre bikes, and you cannot tell them apart on standard of build or detailing alone. So the Dr gets my vote! :D

tintin40":18y3l2ez said:
shouldn't the Pace RC100 have yellow maguras? And it has no Bullseye stickers on the cranks. But it is a nice clean build

Yellow Maguras were much later and the early bikes didn't have Bullseye decals on. Shame as I like them! Theres a scan from the Madison Catalog kicking about somewhere- the early one, this is what I based my resto around.

I have yet to cast my vote so cannot see the numbers but I suspect the Pace is holding its own against the American big guns by the comments above- very much appreciated guys ;)

As for my vote, like many I cannot decide. My love of the older stuff is pointing me towards the Cooks, Saracen and Potts. Amys Yeti is also so cool as is all his builds- Three in a row for Yeti? Could well be.
All worthy winners for sure. I need more time to reflect.

Cheers
Si

Back