Mar 2008 BoTM. Titanium Speical

Status
Not open for further replies.
After only a couple of days and despite some high quality offerings I suspect some big hitters are keeping their powder dry.......

ededwards":2fh6h2vc said:
After only a couple of days and despite some high quality offerings I suspect some big hitters are keeping their powder dry.......

Where is Zero and his Hei Hei?

ededwards":3qi8fzxi said:

Or maybe we gave up when we saw Carsten's Merlin :LOL: :(

.... I'm waiting on an outer ring and a powdercoat being done... next saturday will be busy.

I'm hoping i can complete the less well dressed Sister of Kev's DBR before the poll goes up.

Frame ain't even in the country though :LOL:

When I saw the special topic, I thought - man, I have to hurry up to build up the Merlin. Then I noticed that Carsten had nominated his Merlin Elevated and gave up the idea... :p

Do you think this stands a chance? Needs some work :LOL: But .. it was owned by the great living legend Clive Powell

Attachments

• ti.jpg
    ti.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,782
playing to the BOTM for fun ! :D
campy1ft8.jpg

campy2mx3.jpg

1990 sandvik titanium frame…
All first campy mtb parts (except the 1993 Icarus campy mtb crank)
Mavic Paris Gao Dakar Wheels (the rear rim had to be changed ! It's not a museum bike : it's riden…), Breezer stell fork, Flite evolution…
Titanium seatpost, stem, bar…

I think, We'll see a lot of beautifull ti bike on this post. Hard to show a bike after the Merlin… :LOL:

i have such a handlebar too! :D

Se7enSola.jpg

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know 2005 isn't really retro but given that there's still not many pictures up I thought I'd put mine up (no delusions about winning, just filling some space before the big hitters submit their entries) ;)

However, it does have rigid forks, flight ti saddle, ibis bar, crud catcher, onza bar ends, yeti speedgrips, a DCD and some other nods to days gone by....

P.S. The Merlin and the Ibis are clearly labours of love- no idea how I'm going to choose between them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back