Manitou MRD Dorado integrated bar clamp!

fastrider gus

Dirt Disciple
Hey guys! long time reader, first time poster.
I've got my hands on some NOS 2004 dorado's which have the integrated crown although they came without the bar clamp! i've got no idea if im going to be able to find one but if there is a chance, it will be on here im sure. Im located in Victoria in Australia but im willing to pay good money for an original clamp! not overly bothered about condition as i can clean it up easily.
If there are none around i might have to get one machined up, i have seen guys run normal boxxer/fox40 integrated stems with the dorado crown, but it just doesnt look right.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers, Gus

Attachments

• Manitou Dorado 8.JPG
    Manitou Dorado 8.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 578
  • Manitou Dorado 10.JPG
    Manitou Dorado 10.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 578
  • Manitou Dorado 9.JPG
    Manitou Dorado 9.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 578
i've found one that might be suitable, but also maybe a Travis one? this would be better as they are usually an oversized bar clamp which would enable me to run some nice and wide bars, does anyone know if they are compatible? ive looked at a few pics of both and they look similar, just hard to say without having them both in my hands and trying them on!

Great find, did you find there over here (In Australia) ? I think they are 02/03 model dorados thou which are a million times better than the 04 ones which basically made Manitou go belly up

facespace, myface, social media!

i actually found the forks on gumtree in Perth, a bloke had come over from asia somewhere and brought them with him from a demo bike or something, sounded a tad dodgy but it worked out really well!
The '04s are pretty much identical to the earlier years, just a flat top crown and the crowns are black rather than the greyish anno ones. It was the '05 where they tried to adapt the SPV valve into them which was pretty useless! This bike is going to be a "cafe downhiller" anyway so performance isn't a massive priority, its just gonna be cruised slowly in style around to the waterfront bar, then cruised home even slower!

Back