malverns classic

GREAT pictures! It's like the middle page of MBUK, only in the flesh!

Someone got stabbed at the Malverns??? What was that about?

my bro and wife in waiting went ..he told me there was a bit of a set too in the big tent and the lad(16 i think(not sure)) got stabbed by some nut ..he died on scene...my bro said it killed the spirit of the meeting and never went back either.

i have a whole bunch of other piccies including the downhill with jez avery.the crud mans harley,rob warner and will longden,,oh i also met jo burt who drew mint for me and signed it.sold it a few years ago now...boy do i regret that.

I seem to remember table surfing in the Coors beer tent... a lot of table surfing and very dwunk :D

i had fun watching some mad dudes leap into the lake....had fun riding the course and doing the downhill ...that was a hot weekend that was.me girlfriend at the time was bored rigid .........oh well least the weather was nice.

i shall have to do em tommorow as were about to watch the last 3 eps of lost ok...will have a root see wot i can find

gibbleking":1fg684qz said:
my bro and wife in waiting went ..he told me there was a bit of a set too in the big tent and the lad(16 i think(not sure)) got stabbed by some nut ..he died on scene...my bro said it killed the spirit of the meeting and never went back either.

the lad in question was off his face on drugs. 2 of my mates went to court as they were some of the first on the scene. while it started in the tent it didnt end there. the absolute worst part is that when my mates went to the paramedics for help the medics assumed they were "crying wolf" & didnt bother to attend until it was too late. I went to sleep fairly early as I was racing & didnt know anything about it until the next morning when upon exiting the tent & seeing police tape everywhere. I seem to remember it was cancelled the year later & took a few years to come back.

undoubtedly 1 of the worst moments in UK cycling in recent years.

on a lighter note i've got near identical pics of those bikes! wonder where the merlin XC FS is now? :)

Back