Malverns classic 2022 aftermath

Yep. I wasn’t the biggest fan of GT RTS 1s previously but ai really do think they look really good.
As others have said these old bikes look so much cooler than modern stuff.

sounds like what ever the hoopla re show and shine was, it has had an impact on the judges re future categories ?

shush ... just about to score some travel panniers on eBay for my build next year :cool:

truth be told, this was the best year thus far for the RB community. It really show-cased the passion we folk have in this era of MTB (riding or racing)
the RB stand was full on, the footfall was massive, the beer tent was full on - BMX saturday then MTB sunday.
we can't be doing wrong, when all the major bike manufacturers have cottoned on to this theme [our theme] and now have to roll out a 'retro' paint bike edition newbie, alongside an old mule on their displays. That was us that started it off.

BIG UP yourselves, if you spent too much in buying that nos grip or saddle - just because .. it matters ..

or even if you shuttled a bike or two into a car/van many miles to a field, then wheeled them to gazebo and park them on stand, for strangers to fettle with them! and you can't say no ..

you are the champions 👍

The 92 Richter 8.0,
99 GT slipstream (the candy apple green cruiser) the wife's
98 GT backwoods

A fine selection, especially the Richter and Slipstream. I did feel for the GTs this year. Given the sponsorship of the event and the 50th birthday, having one in top 10 would raise a few eyebrows. Bit of a no-win situation.

Good to hear Doddy recognise there's room for improvement for next years show and shine.

A fine selection, especially the Richter and Slipstream. I did feel for the GTs this year. Given the sponsorship of the event and the 50th birthday, having one in top 10 would raise a few eyebrows. Bit of a no-win situation.

Good to hear Doddy recognise there's room for improvement for next years show and shine.

Thanks the Richter and slipstream were the ones we wanted to show really the backwoods is my round town bike that tows the trailer with my youngest in but as it was reasonably tidy we thought we'd bring it ,I suppose your right it may have looked a bit Sus if a GT was to win😂...as said we just enjoy the experience of showing them so all good

Back