Making your own head badge

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
I have a project no.3 on the way.
It's going to be my dream roughstuff touring bike, based around an old Claud Butler MTB frame.
It's going to have:-
Hub gears
(possibly) hub brakes or maguras
A friggin' huge rack on the front, in the style of a Cetma.
Plan is to get it all powdercoated, and do my normal road tourer at the same time.
And I was thinking. Neither of these bikes are going to be original, what's the harm in getting my own head badge made?
I don't mean a nasty vinyl sticker, I want a proper metal badge. Something completely unique.
Has anyone done this? Do I need slapping down for even thinking about it?
Any ideas?

Nice site! Bookmarked.
Cheers!
I was thinking about making my own, but now I've seen these I'm not so sure.

i had a look aswel, makes anything i could do look like crap! :LOL:

did you see the chipps one? and there were a couple of other familiar badges there, if i do manage to get a yo eddy this year i'll definately have a badge for that.

i might get one anyway for something! i'll find a use for it! or a frame for it!! :D

Laser cut it from stainless, form it around the head tube and use pins to hold in place.

It's how Seven always used to do it. All you need is someone with access to cad & laser machine.

Regards

John

B3":1vb7dg56 said:
Laser cut it from stainless, form it around the head tube and use pins to hold in place.

It's how Seven always used to do it. All you need is someone with access to cad & laser machine.

Regards

John

If any one wants anything designing for them in CAD let me know. I can also get quotes on the laser cutting.

Back