Making a 'profit'

The reason most of my builds get broken and sold is to fund another, or recently simply to release the cash to ease my finances.

great responses here... very interesting to see the range of people attracted to the site really, everything from pro mechanics to skip monkeys, XC racers to tow-path tootlers, and pioneering Californian dudes to Scandinavian & Brazilian playboys it would seem :D not to mention the newbie vultures that sometime pop up unannounced in the for sale section!

This is lovely ( well done Neil! ). This is why Retrobike rocks. On most other forums we'd now be reduced to...

" Yeh?! Well disc brakes are 4 c0ck flanges and your mum smells of poo!! "

:LOL: :LOL:

Come on, things are worth what people are prepared to pay for them. Full stop.

That may (or may not) be more than the seller bought them for.

I might let something go for buttons because I can barely squeeze into the garage and the car's just packed up and the Mrs is nagging me. Lucky buyer.
Likewise I might pay over the odds for something because it is the last bit I need to finish or repair something. Lucky seller.

You win some, you lose some. When you are a kid you get what's fair. When you are an adult, you get what you negotiate.

If you don't like the price, don't buy. If everyone else agrees, prices will fall.

I'm skint, have too many bikes to play with and needed some cold hard cash to cover a bill and a new DSLR purchase (I'm sick of shit digital cameras).

I made a mild profit after taking into account delivery costs.

Back