Magura RaceLine Evolution Fluo Hydraulic Rim Brake HS22/33

jahknob

Devout Dirtbag
These Magura Raceline Evolution hydraulic rim brakes are from the early/mid 1990s and are unused, pads are bagged and new. Everything appears to be in good working order. They're the fluorecscent yellow lever & calliper body/black lever. Could do with a clean. I haven't measured the hoses, but they don't look very long, so may not suit the largest frame sizes without new hoses. It comes with all parts to fit to a bike with a set of cantilever mounts, apart from the brake bridge(s). I don't think the mounting kit comes with the quick releases for the callipers - not sure if these are available separately..

Some say they're the best rim brakes of all and were the original parallel push brakes. These come from a box of parts I was given following the closure of Roberts Cycles. Chas Roberts would occasionally specify Magura brakes on tandems or touring bikes where cantilevers or rim brakes weren't suitable. This set, and the two road bike sets listed separately on the "Road For Sale" forum, may have been installed on a showroom bike.

If you have any questions about these brakes, please feel free to ask. I'd like £150, but happy to listen to reasonable offers.

There are also a number of spares for these brakes - no time to research prices at present, so please ask for more details or pictures, but these include:

Several spare sets of evolution mount kits (with the odd washer missing)
Six brand new brake blocks (834)
One set of bagged 823 brake blocks (these are smaller)
A single black HS22/HS33 caliper drained, no cables attached, with a new brake block attached
Several spare washers, olives and cable guides
Six sets of braze-on mounts for the cantilever-mount brakes (code number 0720425 - for frame builders)

Attachments

• DSC00292.jpeg
    DSC00292.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 699
  • DSC00296.jpeg
    DSC00296.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 699
  • DSC00298.jpeg
    DSC00298.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 698
  • DSC00294.jpeg
    DSC00294.jpeg