Magura myths

mick_r":h705fi3n said:
Attached should be a scan of the lesser spotted Sachs Hydro Pull (produced in at least 1994 and 1995 I think).

I remember those! I thought it sounded familiar when you first mentioned it but I had trouble picturing it.

But has anybody ever see the Sachs thing in the flesh being used on a bike???

We were friends with Damian the UK Sachs rep and went to the Sachs sponsored 1995 World Champs (in Germany) yet still never actually saw any!

Ironically vee brakes (and SRAM) killed off the Sachs cantis yet a rejigged (90 degree) hydro pull could have been the ultimate vee brake add-on to get rid of the stupid sticky cable noodle.

Re:

mick_r":sw3oceuk said:
Attached should be a scan of the lesser spotted Sachs Hydro Pull (produced in at least 1994 and 1995 I think).

Hello mick_r! Would you sell me this sheet of the Sachs Hydro Pull? Does any body wants to buy a new Sachs Hydro Pull from me? Long black handle for left assembly, hose length 110 cm. Best regards, Michael

Not sure where the catalogue is at the moment.

I'm sure people on here would like to see a photo of the Sachs Hydro pull thingy? How do you come to have one?

Hi all! It was like winning the lottery! I found a bundle of unused hydro-pull brakes in a bicycle workshop. I need 98, - Euro per share.

Attachments

• sachs_hydropull_07_sm.jpg
    sachs_hydropull_07_sm.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 664
  • sachs_hydropull_06_sm.jpg
    sachs_hydropull_06_sm.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 663
  • sachs_hydropull_05_sm.jpg
    sachs_hydropull_05_sm.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 664
  • sachs_hydropull_04_sm.jpg
    sachs_hydropull_04_sm.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 664
  • sachs_hydropull_03_sm.jpg
    sachs_hydropull_03_sm.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 663
  • sachs_hydropull_02_sm.jpg
    sachs_hydropull_02_sm.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 663
  • sachs_hydropull_01_sm.jpg
    sachs_hydropull_01_sm.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 664
dyna-ti":37xrr2ww said:
:?
Is there a fire somewhere.

Last orders please. :)

Here's one for the Magura Mythbusters.... I've heard you can use water instead of mineral oil in Maguras, is this true? And does it work as well as oil? If so then we could all run our eco-brakes on natural H2O, and for free :D

Discuss.

jimo746":1g1spbm5 said:
Here's one for the Magura Mythbusters.... I've heard you can use water instead of mineral oil in Maguras, is this true? And does it work as well as oil? If so then we could all run our eco-brakes on natural H2O, and for free :D

Discuss.

True. Used a lot by the trials guys, as they reckon it gives more 'Bite'. I reckon they do it cos they're cheap and lazy.

You'll need antifreeze in there to prevent freezing and corrosion, but it's a gamble how long the seals will last.

Re:

So is any bicycle brake mineral oil suitable? Or must it only be "Royal Blood"?

Latest posts

Back