MacRetro Trading Post

in the past I have snipped and bent a spoke around to make a 2 pin spanner - doesn't work on the tightest stuff but works on most things.

Cut off the threads, clean the spoke ends with a file, bend in half then put the ends in a vice 3 or 4 mm and bend slowly down to 90 degrees. It's adjustable too :)

Tazio":271ry1x7 said:
I've got an absolute mint condition XT rear mech, I think it's M739 from memory without taking it off the bike. I don't suppose anyone wants to swap for an M950?

I've just read this back and it sounds like I'm asking for something more expensive than what I can offer.

It should probably read, M739 rear mech in perfect condition for a garage queen type build offered in exchange for M950/2 rear mech in good working condition, looks not important.

Anyone have a reasonable 1" Ahead front end hanging about ?, needing forks, headset and a stem.

New E3 frame i bought is a smaller size than my last one (shorter headtube) so the threded forks from from the old one wont fit :roll:

Idealy looking for a pair of nice curved rigids, either steel or alloy, would consider suspension forks though :)

The Ken":3jrnst8i said:
in the past I have snipped and bent a spoke around to make a 2 pin spanner - doesn't work on the tightest stuff but works on most things.

Cut off the threads, clean the spoke ends with a file, bend in half then put the ends in a vice 3 or 4 mm and bend slowly down to 90 degrees. It's adjustable too :)

converted a 3 prong fork and it just about worked :LOL:

jimihendrix":1j93pxq4 said:
Anyone have a reasonable 1" Ahead front end hanging about ?, needing forks, headset and a stem.

New E3 frame i bought is a smaller size than my last one (shorter headtube) so the threded forks from from the old one wont fit :roll:

Idealy looking for a pair of nice curved rigids, either steel or alloy, would consider suspension forks though :)

see here

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 10#1052310

clockworkgazz":33sv3xbw said:
jimihendrix":33sv3xbw said:

see here

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 10#1052310

Cheers Gaz :) , just PM'd him, first set will be ideal.

ave got a few bit's lying around up for grabs.............

f + r avid arch rivals with pads and noodles £40

black 26.8 "orange branded" seatpost 300mm long £10

a couple of m737 xt f&r mechs £poa

black lx 8 speed combis m567's or something ? £25

m739 cranks £30

i'll pop pic's up tonight :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back