MacRetro chat and rides thread

kaiser":1bhzf3hz said:
Slightly jumping the gun with the route planning and wotnot, lets see if its viable first( i.e. any interest). :)

interested!

i'm finding that I'm needing something to look forward to, especially with all 2012 aims & jollys now in the past.

regarding location, would love to get 2 days up north. but equally happy to explore the borders.... wish i had some suggestions, but i don't (for now)

velomaniac":1bhzf3hz said:
Anyone see that bit in BBC Scotland news showing its very probably go for the Innerliethen uplift project plus a DH toboggan run aswell :D

read about this on the net, great to see the level of community support for a such forward think project. can only be good news for our youth. couldnae believe the £5M price tag, nothings cheap these days.

I think we really need to organise 2 days of riding. I agree that sleeping out, whether camping or bothy, is impractical considering the numbers. I know that I wouldn't travel to the other end of the country for a single days riding, where I would consider it for a couple of days. It would also give those with families or that work weekends a better chance of making it for one of the days.
Also, just on a personal level I would rather do a highland ride.

Might I suggest Cairngorms, basing ourselves at Aviemore with its gamut of accomodation options, pubs and eateries for every budget with some cracking terrain all around and bike shops if anything needs fixed. ;)

plus one for cairngorms. wifes boss also has a cottage in nethy bridge which sleeps 6 plus tents/sleeping bags sfor £50 total which might be a goer.

gave ZZ some route maps i have of the area including the Ryovan pass loop and the feshiebridge / carn barn mor descent loop.

loadsa other options including lairg grhu and burma road etc plus grantown to aviemore on speyside way and abernethy forest.

Latest posts

Back