MacRetro chat and rides thread

@Kaiser - very well done, hope the aches, pains and swollen knees subside soon. got the itch for it, fancy some cyclocross action, been keeping my eye out for cheap second hand stead, but struggling to justify another animal in the stable. are you doing any of the scottish cyclocross series this year.. think I'll spectate at strathy park this year, see if it really wets the appetite..

@velo - would be up for a festive jaunt, however boxing day is out of scope due to family dinners etc

Gmac, for scottish CX you dont need a CX bike. A normal mtb but without bar ends is perfectly acceptable I believe ;)

As for Boxing day run I will be trying to steer Dr S toward 27th -29th December.

velomaniac":2jplykp3 said:
Gmac, for scottish CX you dont need a CX bike. A normal mtb but without bar ends is perfectly acceptable I believe ;)

As for Boxing day run I will be trying to steer Dr S toward 27th -29th December.

didn't appreciate that, but it's all the excuse I need for another bit of shopping/building :D

G, I may do the Irvine one, because of the imminent baby arrival I'm only allowed a short leash. As velo says I did one round last year on a singlespeed MTB. Fit a pair of conti 1.5 XC's and away you go.

If we ever do get that ride anytime soon I can show you the Strathclyde park lap.

kaiser":2ienbsod said:
G, I may do the Irvine one, because of the imminent baby arrival I'm only allowed a short leash. As velo says I did one round last year on a singlespeed MTB. Fit a pair of conti 1.5 XC's and away you go.

If we ever do get that ride anytime soon I can show you the Strathclyde park lap.

cheers, that would be good

Just noticed last POTM winner in the 'Urban' theme. Somewhat taken aback as its very negative, bring your bike to the city and have it nicked :?

Admittedly I'm posting my comments here as I'm too feared to post it in the POTM thread imediately after the winners acceptance speech but WTF :shock:

Poor show, retrobike should be for positive images of biking.

But then as my brother the art school graduate says, I know nothing about art but I know what I like :roll:

RobMac":3tt93poq said:
Guys whats the name of the place that does suspension servicing over Edinburgh way?

Forget :?

Flotec. They have a website I think.

Greasemonkey in Edinburgh also service them.

Back