MacRetro chat and rides thread

Rado, only a paltry 38miles. Over 5000ft of climbing though.

my hats off to you Kaiser

how do you feel now it's all over

is a must do?
will you repeat?

well done fella

gmac123":u7nb7cd4 said:

is a must do?
will you repeat?

well done fella

G body is in a non forgiving mood today! I don't think my calves will ever speak to me again. I had 4 over the bars incidents the last one belting my knee, its alot bigger than the other one just now.

is it must do? Obviously not everyone will be attracted to it but if you even have an inkling of tryng it one dayI'd say do it. Its a great event, the heritage , the location, the folks doing it. It really is a true classic. What got me was the spread of ages as well. There were guys in their 60's, maybe 70's lining up, reminds you that it'll only be yourself stopping doing things at a certain age, very inspirational.

will I do it again? I spoke to two seperate people about this, sometimes its best to just do something the once. I made it through with no significant injuries or mechanicals and you could loose it all in this race. So at the moment I'm actually keen to do it again but maybe its best left...for a while anyway.

Had a wee chat with Dr S, he's suggesting a joint effort venture for Boxing Day between us lot and his NEYMBC lot at Glentress. His lot usually run a Christmas Pud run that is a northern alternative to the Cannock turkey twizzler which is frankly too far south for us lot in mid winter.
Admittedly not sure boxing day would suit those with kids/family commitments at this time but possibbly some point mid festive period might be possible.
Idea is a run around GT followed by grub etc somewhere afterward.
Anyone like the idea of this ?
Let me know ;)

I like the idea but there is no way I could make it - 2 families to please as it is and this year my Sister is over from Oz.

The Ken":3r2djwe5 said:
I like the idea but there is no way I could make it - 2 families to please as it is and this year my Sister is over from Oz.

family things for me make it a no for me too soz

kaiser":kzfvzwmi said:
gmac123":kzfvzwmi said:

is a must do?
will you repeat?

well done fella

G body is in a non forgiving mood today! I don't think my calves will ever speak to me again. I had 4 over the bars incidents the last one belting my knee, its alot bigger than the other one just now.

is it must do? Obviously not everyone will be attracted to it but if you even have an inkling of tryng it one dayI'd say do it. Its a great event, the heritage , the location, the folks doing it. It really is a true classic. What got me was the spread of ages as well. There were guys in their 60's, maybe 70's lining up, reminds you that it'll only be yourself stopping doing things at a certain age, very inspirational.

will I do it again? I spoke to two seperate people about this, sometimes its best to just do something the once. I made it through with no significant injuries or mechanicals and you could loose it all in this race. So at the moment I'm actually keen to do it again but maybe its best left...for a while anyway.

A real herculean effort Mr K and one to tell the grandkids for sure, did you see Ed on your run or was he at the back making sure everyone was ok?

Back