MacRetro chat and rides thread

I meant to say on Monday early a.m. while walking Alf I saw the geese are on the move >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
It kinda makes my spirits drop a bit when I see/hear that :?

Glen Tilt

Click on map below for stupidly huge version...

Google Maps - GPS Data

Clockwise Ride Report and Pics
Anti-clockwise

So the big question is whether clockwise/anti-clockwise is best...

The section between the Falls of Tarf and Fealar Lodge (right at the top of the map) is possibly best ridden anti-clockwise:

Chris, my own preference is to do the classic Tilt circuit anti-clockwise, as the section from Fealar Lodge to the Tilt crossing is both downhill and forms the most techy part of the day. Better to ride down it than push up.

And the initial site has this to say about the same section of track when ridden clockwise:

The path then climbs steeply up the hillside, its generally a hike a bike section, unless you have the Danny Macaskills. Follow the single track which undulates down to small streams and back up to crests. The route becomes grassy, which would be hellish in wet weather but its fine in the dry if a little energy sapping

Also option of heading up to Loch Loch for a dip :D

The Ken":2m90n0da said:
Every time we have gone up Glen Tilt that range has been in use and closed to thru traffic

Do you mean that they are shooting and don't want peasants getting in the way?
If so go on a Sunday as I'm sure stalking/shooting isn't allowed on Sundays.
When I used to do a lot of Munro-bagging I often came across signs saying stalking/shooting was in progress and access was denied or at your own risk.
The fact that they were there on a Sunday gave the game away.
In many cases, the vast majority, were there 365 days of the year merely to try to keep walkers off their estate/land by using scare tactics.

Oops, just had a better look at the map and see you mean a rifle range.:oops:

Looks to me the range is deliberately sited to fire across road to make access difficult. :roll:

Back