MacRetro chat and rides thread

Pretty much how I hope to build it too. Front sus and fully geared, eek a normal bike :eek: I've ordered a slackset to go with it and need a few more tokens to get a pair of 100mm Reba's. Then I'll rob bits off everything else to get it going.

kaiser":3qfan6cb said:
Couldn't help myself.... all these new bikes....I've ordered an On One Scandal 29er :)

It's a disease. :LOL:

Did you no fancy waiting for the Cotic? They are saying they have some in stock! :?

They have 4 blue mediums left. I really really wanted the green. I'd a few ideas, Cotic, Chinese carbon and the Scandal. With the Cotic out the more I read about the Scandal and it being on sale and half the price the more I liked it.

This pic swung it, same size and finish and pretty much a similar build.

7178134110_c3777e01ef_b.jpg

kaiser":2a4rtnv8 said:
They have 4 blue mediums left. I really really wanted the green. I'd a few ideas, Cotic, Chinese carbon and the Scandal. With the Cotic out the more I read about the Scandal and it being on sale and half the price the more I liked it.

This pic swung it, same size and finish and pretty much a similar build.

7178134110_c3777e01ef_b.jpg

Was it frame only or complete?

Frame only Andy, I've got enough stuff lying about to mostly finish it. Just need a pair of susser forks and a seat post.

Message from Geof Apps:

Hello Velo ~

Would I be able to become a MacRetro rider?
If so, how?
If I set up a Berwickshire Ride, do you think anyone would turn up?
I feel like I'm a long way from anywhere here, especially without a car (that's on the road) and spare cash.
~ Geoff

That could be a goer, what do you lot think ?

That reminds me, apart from Geoff are there any others that need/want a MacRetro rider tag?

All this 29er stuff is frustrating as my project 29er has stalled due to finance due in turn to my holidays.
Come mid September though the Decathlon Triban Trail 5 gets finished. I reckon it'll work quite well as an intro to 29ers ;)

Back