MacRetro chat and rides thread

velomaniac":1l7d282a said:
Going over to Mikee's part of the world on Sunday morn about 1030, meeting at Markinch station. Hopefully he'll guide me around the local off road splendours for a couple of hours. Anyone else for a wee Fife jaunt ?

I may be ok for this, will know for sure by Saturday ;)

DHder":1gtedqgr said:
That video made me feel just a little inadequate, loved the way he got over the log, he was super smooth...... wow..... just wow.

He's a bit good is'nt he :LOL:

In a race he would probably have dismounted for that log though.

Cracking stuff though, CX bikes have crap brakes too from what i've heard, still would like to try one :cool:

sorry won't make it - I'm at the skate park in Dundee helping miniKen shoot a video for a school project, after that I'm building a Siege Tower for ultraMiniKen's Birthday.

Anyone fancy a ride on Thursday night? Quite possibly Drumlanrig.

after seeing all the road bikes on here i sort of fancy a wee go on one , what sort of size of frame/wheels should i look at ?

big.eck":aeud2d5f said:
after seeing all the road bikes on here i sort of fancy a wee go on one , what sort of size of frame/wheels should i look at ?

Frame size around the 23"/24" (58/60cm :roll: ) mark for you I think :twisted: (although not having been that close to your inside leg - I'm guessing :shock: )

.....and I suggest for maximum contrast to the san an - you go for the skinniest tyres possible :twisted: :twisted:

.....'tis a different world :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

so a 23" to 24" frame with 700c wheels should kinda fit me then ? i won't be spending mega-bucks on one , just want to try one out :twisted:

Mr Panda":2t82ine9 said:
Yep that should do fine - maybe try bikestation?

........and you'll need some Lycra :LOL:

i was there yesterday for the first time and got some cracking bits :D :D :D :D

and no...... i don't do pink lycra :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back