MacRetro chat and rides thread

looking good up here, sunshine, I'll head up the hill or over to the beach, not sure which yet.

5510_1_164.jpg

Built up my Tufftrax at last, you know, the one I got powdercoated at Williams Powdercoating in Falkirk. More info and some pics on the Saracen thread here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40984&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=693

A brief test ride downhill to Kirkwall city centre revealed nothing about to fall off, so weather permitting she'll be with me on the 05/05/10 ride a bit later. Weather currently cold, overcast, and oh yeah, windy. Again!

You know the bit in The Jungle Book after Mowgli is adopted by animals and his childhood passing is signified by "The rains came and went ten times"- this always causes me to sardonically say "In other words, three days later..."

Took the Muddy Fox out for the nightride, it was going to be its swan song but I had forgotten how nice it is, really light and direct. I shall need to rethink :eek: Its possible it'll get a powder coat and maybe a set of track ends welded on at the same time.

Starting work mid-afternoon tomorrow so that should give me enough time for a quick burl round Glentress before I start. Huzzah for me, mid-week bike ride treat.

Out with my boy tonight got one crappy pic before the camera died- yo was outstanding as always- enjoy your day zz, lucky boy!

Sounds cool kaiser but I would keep the paintwork- looks cool as **** as is.

And the Saracen is looking not to shabby too. :cool:

Been oot and over the Pentlands for this 5-5-10 thingy, have posted up my pic.

As for track ends, great minds think alike/ fools seldom differ, thinking of getting track ends for Falcon Pathfinder. Best price I've got for this is £107 from George Jackson I think or was it Bob Jackson, Shand cycles wont touch this kind of work until the quiet months of mid winter and Dave Yates insists on seeing photos of frame before making a decision.

Keep the Muddy Fox though Kaiser, its got a certain charm :D

Good MacRetro representation on the 050510 pictures thread. I've added so many pictures you can animate them and see my entire evening.

Thanks Gazz BTW, most kind. And thanks Rob too, the black touch up paint was dandy, beezer, wizard and topper. And probably Hotspur or Victor too.

Back