MacRetro chat and rides thread

Road ride

Road ride
Had a quick word with Robmac and looking at Loch Lomond on Sun 9th.
Quiet casual ride with mates and a stop for lunch.
I think ride what you want type thing as maybe not everybody has a roadie, but maybe a MTB with slicks. can be as long or short as you want.
I know theres a few closet roadies amongst you.
Who is up for it? theKen, that Gazelle would brighten the day, and Velo, I know you would have something well suitable.
I will put a seperate thread up and see who's interested.

Heres the link ;)
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99883

(I put this up and come back and everyones gone) :roll:

Jamie

Re: Up for some rides

Jamiedyer":3jnf926i said:
Evening McLads
I might be up for this Kaiser as I have some time now that my work has slowed down. Depends when you were thinking of, but generally for me it would be better not on a weds/Thurs.
Jamie

Jamie I could make the 8th 9th or 10th. Just realised the Sat or Sun is good for me too. Keen to try out the Fort Bill trails so that would be my one pass used and couldnae make the road ride.

I'm hoping to get down to the lake district on the 8th to join the NWA lot on one of there national event runs just to make a point that MacRetro will come to yours so why not come to ours ;)

Coniston and Grizedale, look it up in the NW and Wales section, they've got a map up and elevation profile, Looks good, 20 miles all retro bike rideable and includes 2 thirds of the Grizedale trail centre loop plus a stop off for a feed :D

I saw a 15 min preview of Home, it is really good - I'll get round to buying it at some point. the Dirtschool stuff was good enough to watch, and it miniKen understood it more than me just saying "rail it!" and "you need to flow more" :)

velomaniac":24j0798y said:
.... point that MacRetro will come to yours so why not come to ours ;)

Sassanaches don't even support their own rides never mind MacRetro ones. Our first National Status Event of the year has just 3 confirmed riders with less than a day to go. And that includes the AEC and Dep.

Waste of time. :evil:

Thats a right booger Si, if it were not in Yorkshire/lancashire i'd have joined you but its too far away. Hope more folk come out the woodwork at the last minute but i suspect the other two tribes will swell the ranks at the rendevous point. Keep smiling and have fun ;)

Dr S":2y43it9l said:
velomaniac":2y43it9l said:
.... point that MacRetro will come to yours so why not come to ours ;)

Sassanaches don't even support their own rides never mind MacRetro ones. Our first National Status Event of the year has just 3 confirmed riders with less than a day to go. And that includes the AEC and Dep.

Waste of time. :evil:

I did consider this but 520 mile round trip for a 20 mile ride is pushin it :( will make a point of heading south sooner rather than later though.

Back