MacRetro chat and rides thread

They are for 22.2mm stems of the quill type so you'd need a threaded headset. if you have a 1&1/8th threaded headset you could use a 1"(22.2mm) stem with a shim which I can also supply. For simplicity a single ringed front chainset and 5-7 rear cogs so the single powershifter be fine or if you want versatility of double or triple then the twin lever versioned be better.

The Kens right though if your planning to ride off road like you normally do on an mtb but if its the drop bar look and you plan a much reduced pace then stem shifters should be fine. Alternatively I also have a set of NOS Suntour bar end shifters, 21 speed surplus to requirements.

Just had another thought having now seen the bike, what is the diameter of the stem as regards the forward reach part. You could possibly shim a band on shifter into place as its quite long. Again I can easily source loads of band on downtube shifters.

I have also seen rapid fires bodged onto the ends of bar ends with tubing slid inside the drop bar ends and secured then the new tube shimed to 22.2mm.

In an idle moment I peered at googles arial photos of Kaisers neck of the woods as he says there is no descent rough stuff riding near him. Looks like there's plenty by my standards as i worked oot a route from the A78 just north of Ardrossan to a place called Crosbie which sits at the foot of some hills on mainly farm track and single track. The hills themselves look worth a ride with a few reservoirs to visit.

Basically there is loads of stuff if you pour over OS maps and check out Arial photies. Most of the best riding in my area I only discovered in the last 5 years thanks to the above methods. ;)

There is indeed velo, I've a local guys website detailing some stuff and have the OS explorer map. :) Lots of wee bit but I'm trying to link it up, maybe even try to forge some of my own trails. Problem is theres a lot of farming land but north of me is pretty natural.

Had a wee look at the turnoots, and noticed there no much happening for a while. Any rides in the offing? Anything to tempt the masses?

I am hoping to get to Fort Bill before 10UTB for a ride of the course. This will probably be mid week though. Already printed the map :)

Up for some rides

Evening McLads
I might be up for this Kaiser as I have some time now that my work has slowed down. Depends when you were thinking of, but generally for me it would be better not on a weds/Thurs. Up for any others as well.
Was thinking about a road ride for Macretro's as well maybe on a quiet Sunday around Loch Lomond or even Pitlochry way? Doesnt have to be a big thing, just if someones up for it let me know and we can hook up.
Might try to get down to Pollock park one weekend when you guys are there.
I only have about 6 weeks till work gets manic again and then thats it till next spring. So if you are having a ride out let me know.

Jamie

kaiser":2wxrbv87 said:
I am hoping to get to Fort Bill before 10UTB for a ride of the course. This will probably be mid week though. Already printed the map :)

"Already printed the map" OK then, get it up ;)

Back