MacRetro chat and rides thread

Thats not big, I used to own a Schwinn Mesa Runner with a 25" frame and rode it twice around Glentress Red plus Cannock Chase and the Lake District. Was a lovely slack angled 1987 model with riser bars, short quill stem and old suntour components. Also have a 26" framed Rudge Whitworth Roadster. Bearing in mind the distance from the seat top to the pedal flats on all my bikes is set at 38" a BIG frame would, for me, be fabby :D

No Fuss looking for whisky riders...

No Fuss and Benromach Need You
We require 50 mountain bikers on Sunday 2nd May for 12.15pm for a procession on Forres High Street as part of the Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival and then at 1.30pm at the Dallas Dhu Distillery where the official Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival flag will be passed from horse to bikers. Bikers will then cycle along the Daviot Way in Benromach country until they get to Castle Grant (approx 20 miles) and then into Grantown on Spey. Incentives are Benromach goodies and discounted entries to 10 More in Moray! Do not worry about transports arrangements we will sort it out for you. If you are not available pass this on, 50 riders will be in for a bonzar day and remember, if you’re not fast you are last.

10 under camping info....

40 days to 10 Under the Ben 2010
Hard to believe we are that close again. We have had lot of enquiries about camping for this year. Here is the up to date news, we have had a shit load of snow this winter and the camping field looks pants! (Technical term) Therefore places will be restricted at a minimal cost just to cover toilets and water etc camping will be restricted to the overspill area at Nevis Range. Tickets for caravans and camping are available through the shop on the website now. Camping at Kirroughtree is also now available as is Moray.

Attractivefish was at the top bit, browsing the forum, rather nice gills i thought, looked really fast, bit of a baracuda maybe...................

Anyhoo cant afford port and dont like bucky so not sure what your getting at :?

still no kaiser, is he off fording rivers, chopping down trees with his bare hands and eating roadkill, in a rockyesque type training camp??

he's taken up golf i heard

bought clubs and everything

bikes up on glasgae gummtree sell or swap golf buggy

Yeah - wot mikee says - think i've just picked up Ol' K's knackered De Kerf and Fat ooot the 2nd hand shop at Craignure on Mull :D

Sad, yet happy, days :cool:

Think he got p'd off when we accused him of mincing roon the course on that water swamp racy thing he tried to do :D

Back