MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re: Re:

RobMac":2i7428nq said:
Does anybody do a dropper seat post that has the operating handle under the saddle?

Aye, sort of.

images

:mrgreen:

RobMac":1hfvi9iz said:
Does anybody do a dropper seat post that has the operating handle under the saddle?

No because they're pointless :)
Whole benefit of a dropper is that you can adjust on the move.

Re:

I don't like all the shite that comes with remotely operated dropper post, cables, switches, in fact that why I disconnected the remote switches on the forks on a couple of my bikes. Between a switch for the post, and switchs for the front AND back suspension THEN add a Garmin the bars end up looking feckin stupid.

And breathe :facepalm:

Loads of dropper posts without a remote, usually cheaper end of the spectrum, or older models, KS do/did, Thomson Elite I think as well, more budget ones like RSP are probably still made without the remote.
You can operate them whilst you're riding, but a remote is so much easier (and safer) it's a bit crazy not to have a remote.

I'd sooner have a remote dropper post and get rid of the remote lockout levers for the rear shock (!!) & forks Tbh.

RobMac":nryuxd1e said:
I don't like all the shite that comes with remotely operated dropper post, cables, switches...

I'm the same.

I would like a handlebar setup with internal cables* so there's nothing hanging out.

The only cable setup that looks right to me is the 50s/60s dropbar setup where the cable curves nicely from the top of the brake lever.

*or rod brakes :)

Re:

Has some one lit a fire under the MacRetro section its been buzzin for about two days now and we've even had passers by sticking their heads in :)
Recently I've noticed days have gone by without a single post being made, why some time I'd post abuse, piss taking or bollox just to stimulate some activity in here.

Latest posts

Back