MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re: Re:

RobMac":3r2kken2 said:
Frame head tube 100mm
Fork steerer 180mm last 40mm threaded
H/S approx 40mm
Steam approx 40mm

TOTAL = Bang on :?

So where the bottom of clamp for stem is, is where the bottom of the threads are gonnae be if ma maffs is rite?

In that case naw, I'd be worried aboot ma teeth.

You could get a quill to Ahead converter and cut off the threaded bit of steerer so that converter is where the threads were that you were going to clamp stem onto.

Re: Re:

RobMac":1fg9p2o7 said:
Has some one lit a fire under the MacRetro section its been buzzin for about two days now and we've even had passers by sticking their heads in :)
Recently I've noticed days have gone by without a single post being made, why some time I'd post abuse, piss taking or bollox just to stimulate some activity in here.

Am lovin the vib thats goin on at the moment in fact its even spreading to Mac Towers here in sunny Leven :D
I'm being very creative ........................

Re:

Continuing the fascinating discussion on steerer tubes :LOL: ...

Anyone know someone with a lathe who could make me a steerer?

Similar to the 1" Pace threadless steerer, but with about 20mm of 1"1/8th at one end, and a groove for a circlip.
Shouldn't be too hard to make (obviously I'll get proper dimensions to work from).

Re:

PC Murdoch thinks he's the bee's knees oot oan patrol oan his braw new motor bike. Whit he disnae ken is Oor Wullie is sneakin up ahent him tae gie him a richt guid fricht. He'll be black affronted when Wullie sticks his helmet up his ers...............

That'll do now, I seem tae have wandered fae the Sunday Post intae a Viz story. :facepalm:

Re:

Any interest in an evening ride next Thursday? 14th. Comrie?

Re:

I'd hope to get a few hours riding in so anytime from tea time onwards. It's that small though that its easy enough to meet up.

Latest posts

Back