MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

Thought I'd found a bargain Pro flex 957 with carbon Crosslinks and Altek brake levers, seller must have got wind that he had something decent as he's said another buyer has offered £100 over the asking price... :roll:
Kinda makes it not a bargain anymore.... ah well, who was I kidding? I've no space for more bikes anyway :facepalm:

Re:

Thought you'd been downsizing, what you left with now?
The long haired colonel been putting her put down?

Re: Re:

clubby":1o3krx2c said:
Thought you'd been downsizing, what you left with now?
The long haired colonel been putting her put down?

Yeah, I've been downsizing the bike count, and err... upsizing the wheel diameter :LOL: .still got the retro Orange, the Inbred 29'er singlespeed, and the Ghost full-bounce (although it needs pivot bearings, shock mounting hardware, and its probably not worth spending all that ££ on the frame Tbh).
The Mrs has a bike now too, so space is limited.
3 bikes is plenty for me, Tbh I don't get to ride each one as much as I'd like.

Always looking for new/different/interesting Mtb's though :D :facepalm:

Re:

Talking of interesting bikes. What do we think this is?...

Attachments

• $_58_1.jpg
    $_58_1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 367
no the best of pic Jim, is it a manitou?

not alot about due to their cracking reputation, beautiful all the same. you'd need to dip your toe in there :)

Wasn't there also a no-name copy made? I seem to remember Enid Puceflange picked one up, although it was bit small for him. May also have struggled with replacing the crumbly elastomers on the back too.

Mark AKA Jimi Hendrix had one for a bit, beautiful looking but a bit fragile. Enid never got on with his, didn't do his back any good. I think Marin made a version.

Re:

I don't think it's a Manitou, you're right Marin did make the FRS in Team, Nail Trail & Pine mountain versions I think, could also be another brand called Balance.
I'll see if I can go have a look at it.

Balance, that was the one!

Original thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=72222

08082009186.jpg

Going by your pic above, it looks like yours could be a Marin FRS?

Back