MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

Copied from the Fat Bike thread.

Another great Strathpuffer completed :D
A few retroriders taking part, there was Brian, Kaiser and Dr S (Si) doing it solo and myself, Gilm and Jason along with a couple of others from the Fatbike Forum on the Fatty Owl team.
I was 26+ on my 1X1 this year and I think it was the best option as it was a giant mudfest. The only place I had to get off and push was a couple of metres on the steep downhill as the mud was around 8 to 12 inch thick and wet like concrete, around a kilometre of it. But there was one section about 100 metres long that was just like porridge.
A good weekend though, as usual.
We did OK as our Fatty Owl team came in third in class :D
DSC_0068 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Jamie

Maybe, depends how bad it is. I had enough mud and wet last weekend so it may be a ride out on the Trucker.

Jamie

I'll be walking the morra in the snow or whatever but I've cancelled any bike plans. This winter is doing me in something awfy.

velomaniac":1g90uuzx said:
I'll be walking the morra in the snow or whatever but I've cancelled any bike plans. This winter is doing me in something awfy.

Me too, which is why I'm leaving it all behind and heading (way,way) south in search of the sun. Finally honeymoon time, so it's off to New Zealand tomorrow for 3 weeks in search of summer.

Back