MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Keithyr - 907 fatbike, 2×10 gearing and husker du tyres. This bike goes everywhere.
The Ken - Genesis Caribou, steel with 1x10 gears floating on surly 4.0 rubbers.
Velo - Most of an On-One Fatty, still working on rear hub for Surly/On-One 4.0 tyres. Nearly complete though if 29 x 2.35 Fat-Not-Fat wheels fitted.
Gruffalo home build fat bike being rebuilt again
Clubby - Surly Budsley. 2 x 9. Carbon fork. Front 4.8 Bud on 80mm rim. Rear 3.8 Nate on 65mm rim.
Klaus & Jamie - Surly Pugsley's an a'.

Jamie - Pugsley singlespeed 36:18, Nates allround for winter,

If Velo's Gruffalo counts then my 1X1 Gruffalo's child counts ;) running 26 x2.75/3 Dirt Wizards but still to try my 26x 3 Knards, but to be honest the tread on the knards looks dreadfully inadequate for anything in Scotland, summer or winter. Maybe I got one from the dodgy batch of re' tards. ;)
Velo's beast is a bit like grandfathers axe and has been around for a while as it was almost two years ago when it was at Forth Fat, and looked up to the job then.

Jamie

Brian, epicyclo has a few Fatbikes.
Main ride is a Pugsley, a man of taste and class, obviously ;) . He also has a 9zero7 frame and a nice Mukluk frame from memory and he is also building up a carbon framed machine.
Though I believe his coolest bike is his 1X1 which is one of the very first models when they were called Rat Ride and the company was called 1X1 before Surly. I may be slightly biased though ;)
Ohh and like all good men of taste and style they are all singlespeed :)

Jamie

Re:

Wee fattie meet in Carnoustie this Sunday (4th).
Starting at the car park on the beach next to the train station at 10.
So far just me and TK (hopefully) but all welcome.
Parts do-able on a half fat but some walking would be required. Alternate path nearby to bypass if necessary.

Jamie wrote:
Velo's beast is a bit like grandfathers axe and has been around for a while as it was almost two years ago when it was at Forth Fat, and looked up to the job then.
Rear triangle broke so needs new bodged solution but rest assured I have a plan. Probably becoming a non fat float bike with 26x3" Gazzaloddi rear tyre on 65mm wide rim and 26x2.6" Gazzaloddi front tyre on 65mm wide rim. Should still run at pretty low psi so should make it out to the subs again some day :D

zigzag":1lquqpcw said:
Keithyr - 907 fatbike, 2×10 gearing and husker du tyres. This bike goes everywhere.
The Ken - Genesis Caribou, steel with 1x10 gears floating on surly 4.0 rubbers.
Velo - Most of an On-One Fatty, still working on rear hub for Surly/On-One 4.0 tyres. Nearly complete though if 29 x 2.35 Fat-Not-Fat wheels fitted.
Gruffalo home build fat bike being rebuilt again
Clubby - Surly Budsley. 2 x 9. Carbon fork. Front 4.8 Bud on 80mm rim. Rear 3.8 Nate on 65mm rim.
Klaus & Jamie - Surly Pugsley's an a'.
Rob - Carbon Salsa Beargrease, running carbon rims.

Back