MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Re:

That is nice, and what a bargain.
Velo, Ison have those tyres arriving soon (ish).

Re:

Yes its good value and Canyon bikes are highly rated by the press.
BUT do remember Canyon dont have outlet shop their mail order so no middle man to take a cut.

I think I've got that right :shock:

yup direct sales model, gives better value, higher spec, bigger bang fir yir buck etc

recommending a new bike for a colleague last week, gave a planet x, a ribble and a canyon option for that very reason

but does a mainstream volume manufacturer involvement such as canyon, dt swiss, schwalbe etc not see the fatbike departing from the cool niche... or is that just bike snob thinking

good looking bike tho.... for a fat bike anyway :LOL:

gmac123":3aa5wrdu said:
but does a mainstream volume manufacturer involvement such as canyon, dt swiss, schwalbe etc not see the fatbike departing from the cool niche... or is that just bike snob thinking:

Speaking as someone who rides a fat bike, I dont care! If it expands choice and reduced price then great. Any cool factor went when Specialized and Trek jumped in.
Canyon's direct sale model is great, that bike is the same price as my Pugsley was, and I'd bet it's 6-8lb lighter. I got my road bike from them and it's been perfect. Strongly packaged, tool kit with torque wrench and carbon paste for assembly. All I had to do was fit handlebars, front wheel and seatpost and it was ready to ride. Gears and brakes were better adjusted than some bike shop purchases I've made.

didn't realise trek and spez had already made their entry into the market, I guess the fatbike infancy is over

I was sitting enjoy a long lunch and a few beers watching the marching bands the other week (belgium, and not larkhall thank feck) spent half my time drooling over a sexy carbon salsa fatbike tethered outside the neighboring bar/restaurant.... it only got better when a sexy lady mounted it and rode off

canyon are definitely a way to go, lovely design coupled with great value - what's not to like a winning formula

Back