Macbook batteries - only a grand!

my lenovo batt cost 27 quid and will keep my lappie on for 7 hours...macs are pretty but not worth the cost..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
dyna-ti":wmgwx2rh said:
Yet another[and we're inundated with them]reason to buy a windows based system.
The only thing I'm inundated with are requests from friends and family asking me to come round and fix their Windows PCs.

gibbleking":wmgwx2rh said:
macs are pretty but not worth the cost..
Example 1:
My last Mac Mini was bought new for £399 in late 2006. I sold it in mid 2009 for £295.
Total cost of ownership for 2.5 years = £399 - £295 = £104.
There aren't many two-and-half-year-old PCs that will sell for 75% of their original asking price.

Example 2:
After a friend phoned me for a chat and just happened to mention that his "XP machine wouldn't start and did I know anything about it...", I checked eBay and found an auction for a G3 iMac running OS X that was 'Pick up only' about 7 miles from me. I told my friend about it saying that it would be fine for web browsing and e-mail, but he said he wouldn't be able to afford it.

It sold for £1.70.

gibbleking":322mj6ec said:
my lenovo batt cost 27 quid and will keep my lappie on for 7 hours...macs are pretty but not worth the cost..

great buy :cool:

cant believe that imac went for £1.70
bet that was a dissapointment for the seller!

cyfa2809":1dhzz2b0 said:
cant believe that imac went for £1.70
bet that was a dissapointment for the seller!
It was a G3 iMac (like the one in the photo), so probably about ten years old. I think at that age, people think of such machines as "past it" and "useless" and are glad to get rid of them.

The funny thing is, the one that sold for £1.70 was an iMac DV, named after its ability to edit digital video -- so it would still have been easily capable of web browsing, e-mail, word processing and some photo editing.

Ah well, some people just need the space... :)

2514737934_20680d4e50.jpg

Back