Lugged frame builders in the UK

Bob Jackson is now a brand name that woodrup uses.
So Woodrup are actually using the name? I was under the impression from talking to people who 'know' that the whole deal had fallen through. I wonder why you would order a BJ from them rather than a true Woodrup? Saying that, BJ also ran Merlin and JRJ alongside the BJ brand BITD. EB also had Favori. My Favori still has EB seat stay engraved tops though.

So Woodrup are actually using the name? I was under the impression from talking to people who 'know' that the whole deal had fallen through. I wonder why you would order a BJ from them rather than a true Woodrup? Saying that, BJ also ran Merlin and JRJ alongside the BJ brand BITD. EB also had Favori. My Favori still has EB seat stay engraved tops though.
Apparently the new BJs are built in the Woodrup workshop, but most Woodrups built these days are modern styles (belt drive/rohloff/discs/gravel/etc), they're hoping to build more classic stuff (lugs/derailleurs/horizontal TT/touring/fixedgear/whatever) under the BJ name. They're custom, though - I think they'll build whatever you ask for!

The biggest problem is they’ve doubled the price. Bob Jackson’s USP was that they were cheap. I had a 725 fixed frame with quite a few custom option with change from £800 including flash paint and postage.

Yeah, those prices are not coming back though - they were way too cheap for a UK-made frame & nobody can do that anymore - it's either expensive frames or no frames.

My Bob Jackson 631 "Olympus" f&f was purchased off the peg (size 55cm c-t) for £500 back in 2012. 6 week turnaround (early September - mid October. This included any colour from their range (of about 90 colours) and a choice of lug lining and 5-6 colour choices for decals.

8056345202_651618dee0_b.jpg

My Bob Jackson 631 "Olympus" f&f was purchased off the peg (size 55cm c-t) for £500. 6 week turnaround (early September - mid October. This included any colour from their range (of about 90 colours) and a choice of lug lining and 5-6 colour choices for decals.

8056345202_651618dee0_b.jpg
Great frame, great price. Won't be able to tell the difference in ride with any of the others like for like.

Back